Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day Sixty-Six

 Today I finally got wheels! I sent out a plea on the Internets, and I got a reply. One super rad person had an old 27" steel wheel, and a 700C which had been crashed, and damaged. Luckily, he has much higher standards than I, so I jumped on the opportunity. And so it came to be that I traded a bag of Jet Puff Marshmallows and a bag of Grandma Utz's Chips for two bike wheels. I also discovered that the Shaw/Howard University Metro station exists in four dimensions, but that's another story.









The two wheels.

















There's the bend in the rim. Luckily, I'm not using front brakes.












I need to sand off the rust. And for some reason, I suspect that the tires aren't very capable of high pressure.











Time for a new tire, but otherwise, wheels!












In an unrelated story, I have a corrugated plastic box that I found in the gutter, time to make some polo wheel covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment